What a nice day.
Tiancheng Luan, 21111162
- Find an abstract of a research paper, and analyze its structure, contents and stock phrases.
This paper can be found at: DOI:10.1088/0004-637X/745/2/168
The structure and contents:
- Brief Introduction and motivation of this work
First they introduce the observation fact that there is dependence between redshift and Gamma-ray burst (GRB) jet opening angle (), and they want to use the instrumental selection effect and observation bias through bootstrap procedure to elaborate this dependence.
- The pre-assumption and methodology of this work
- GRB rate follow the star formation and metallicity history.
- Intrinsic distributions of and are a Gaussian or a power-law function.
- They use bootstrap program to generate mock Swift GRB sample, and set specific threshold and trigger probability as criteria whether the mock GRB can be observed by the telescope.
- Report of results
- Their results reproduce the observed dependence well.
- They find when , the mock can be well consistent with observation.
- They find the best observe-fitted parameters: .
- They derive the intrinsic local GRB rate is accordingly , this implies about of Type Ib/c supernova may be accompanied by a GRB.
The stock phrases:
- ... whether sth. can be explained with ... - The form of the parameter group, it should be put in brackets. - The unit should not be *italic*. - well, indicating, inferring